Re: Networking strangeness Solution?

Subject: Re: Networking strangeness Solution?
From: David Mackler (dmackler@psn.net)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 23:02:11 MDT

I do not use Ethertap, but I do use IP Masq. MOL has its own IP address on
my local subnet, sharing eth1. The DSL line is hooked up to eth0. Both
AppleTalk (EtherTalk) to my printer and reaching out to the net work fine,
mostly. I do get those stupid "can't allocate packet data" messages.

So, IP Masq'ing does work with AppleTalk just fine, but is not sufficient to
prevent those "packet data" errors. That's one data point. Perhaps someone
using IP Masq'ing with Ethertap could help us narrow this one down.

David