Re: kernel patch for MOL ?

Subject: Re: kernel patch for MOL ?
From: Peter Handel (phandel@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 00:05:07 MDT

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Vinai wrote:

> I was wondering if where I could find the kernel patch for mol. I seem
> to remember that 603(e) processors could NOT be "runtime patched." But
> on 604(e)'s this was not necessary these CPU's allow runtime patching if
> MOL were run from root. But I would like to apply the kernel patches so
> I can run MOL as a user, on my 604e system ...

It would be easier to just add a command to run the molpatching
program from your /etc/rc.d/rc.local imo.

By the way, there is an experimental 0.9.42 release of MoL that
attempts to add runtime kernel patching for 603s, although I haven't
heard of many people using it successfully.

Thanks,
Peter

--
Peter F. Handel          "[The anti-Chris+] also forced everyone, small and
phandel@cise.ufl.edu      great ... to receive a mark [smart card?] on his