Re: delays between creating file in linux and file avail in mol

Subject: Re: delays between creating file in linux and file avail in mol
From: Takashi Oe (toe@unlserve.unl.edu)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 15:40:30 MDT

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Alex J. Avriette wrote:

[...]
> i then switched back to xterm (which was still inside
> /currdir/scriptdir) and everything was okay (in xterm). so i figured,
> "whoops, this could be problematic!" and threw out the "folder" i had
> just created (scriptdir). i went back to xterm and did an ls, to
> which it gave me an error (no such file or directory), and kicked me
> back up one level to /currdir. so, worried that i had nuked my
> scripts, i went back to mol and rescued the scriptdir folder from the
> trash, and transplanted it to where it had been.

I think the current MOL does not handle dual r/w mounted drive, so odd
behaviours are expected, and you should probably not do that.

A solution for situation like this is to set up netatalk and to mount the
drive using AppleTalk on Mac OS. Alternatively, one can hack MOL to
ensure proper lockings.

Takashi Oe