Audio War/Episode II

Subject: Audio War/Episode II
anvil@digithought.net
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 13:55:41 MDT

Hello once again ,
I'm starting to flood the list now :P
anyhow I just figured a quick but very very hacky and risky way to get
Samuel's Audio driver work on any mac,
pretty well actually, exceptions , still you can't access the sound
control panel and the monitors & audio panel will
crash if you change to audio settings , at first I thought the sound
manager / sound control panel was the problem,
now I'm more convinced it's the rom.

Anyhow here it goes :

You will need any of the following utils / tools
1. CodeWarrior / Resedit
2. Resource editor / Precompiled MOLAudio extension.
3. xxx (I removed this method because I figured a faster way)

(you need to modify this instruction a bit depending of what setup of
tools you'll use)
anyhow , you should be aware that you will put your system into a risk
zone by doing this ,
also it's not for free , you will loose sound support in regular MacOS ,
so it's recommended
you do this only on a system used by MOL _ONLY_ . regular lawyer stuff
applies , I'm not responsible blah blah,

ok , here we go :

CW , change the sdev binary type to nitf , and set resid -20489 ,
compile and copy the output to the system.
save changes , reboot , if you did everything correct (how could you do
otherwise in this case ?:) , you'll have working sound

RE , open the MOLAudio extension , copy the cdek resource to the system
, open the thng resource with id -20489 ,
         change code type to 'cdek' and code res id to '128' , save
reboot , and you should have working sound here aswell.

What this will do ?
Well it simply replaces the systems default soundcomponent (which in
this case is the std awacs out)

If someone get the sound ctrl panel / monitors & audio working , I would
like to know how you succeed ,
assuming you didn't have working MOLAudio or applied above hack.

/Fredrik