Re: MOL on Powerbook 3400c/200 (ie. 603ev)

Subject: Re: MOL on Powerbook 3400c/200 (ie. 603ev)
From: Claus (cl.en@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 04:31:14 MST

>: long way to go. I first rsynced the current 2.2-stable kernel source
>: and attempted to compile it. Unfortunately, some of the headers were

?, your failure.

>: 2.2.14 and when it was done I placed the kernel in my MacOS area and
>: selected it in BootX, and put the System.map file into my /boot partition.

ok.
but your PB could be booted with quik-1.3.1, there is no need for bootx.
you have to check your kernel config for "CONFIG_BOOTX_TEXT is not set"

>:
>: I still have the problem that I am using an image of my 3400's
>: on-board ROM (I have OS 8.0 on my Mac) because I don't have access to any
>: other old world ROM'S to try and buying a new World OS isn't an option at
>: the moment. (Any help here appreciated). I realize I don't need an image
>: in this situation since MOL could just access the hardware ROM, but I
>: couldn't figure out how to set this up. In any case, I am using the 8500
>: OF tree file.

as me and the others mentioned before there is _no_ way to use your PB-ROM.
look for OS 8.6 (8.5 + Apple's update) at ebay.

>:
>: Now, when I run startmol, things begin okay. I get no notice that
>: the patch is being made, though, presumably since it's already there!
>: Anyways, there are then two complaints printed something like this:
>:
>: kernel-module version mismatch
>: /usr/lib/mol/modules/mol.o for 2.2.17pre10-ben1
>: vs. 2.2.14-1.3.0bpmac
>:
>: kernel-module version mismatch
>: /usr/lib/mol/modules/sheep_net.o for 2.2.17pre10-ben1
>: vs. 2.2.14-1.3.0bpmac

ignore it

                Claus