Re: Mol and ixTV card

Subject: Re: Mol and ixTV card
From: Ewen Bell (ewen@twocats.com.au)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 21:38:27 MST

Vanzomeren wrote:

> I am running MOL, and was wondering if there is anyway to get the ixTV card to work with it. When I attempt to run the ixTV software under emulation I get a message that either the software (ixTV) or the hardware (the PCI ixTV card) is not installed correctly. Everything works fine when run on a mac system. Is this just a case of the emulator not working correctly with the PCI slots?
>
> My system is an s900 with an xlr8 zif carrier card and a 400mhz G3 chip. The ixTV card is in the top PCI slot.
>
> I am under the impression that the ixTV card sends its signal direct to video and I am wondering if this might be the problem.

my understanding is that MOL does support direct hardware access for most things.

> On a non MOL note, is anyone aware of a program that would allow me to run the ixTV card in the linux environment?

I believe the ixTV uses one of the BTTV chipsets. As such, the standard video 4 linux stuff should work...

        http://roadrunner.swansea.linux.org.uk/v4l.shtml

        http://www.metzlerbros.de/bttv.html

make sure you use a kernel at 2.2.13pre12 or later to avoid a known issue with v4l and ixTV...

        http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/9909.3/0010.html

--
Ewen Bell
Twocats.com.au