problems upgrading to 0.9.53-2

Subject: problems upgrading to 0.9.53-2
From: Kathy Peterson (kspeters@engin.umich.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 13:30:55 MST

Hi,
        I tried upgrading to 0.9.53-2 today and I got a few error
messages.

First off I'm using a G3 powerbook with the 2.2.15pre19 kernal

so I did the following

rpm -U mol-blah.blah
then I went in and set the molrc preferences
then I tried to use molvconifg and that caused my first error

the molvconifg spilit my screen into four screens (not equal) and crashed
upon testing like the 10th or so video mode.

so I went back into molrc and set it to boot to an x-window and tried to
boot it.

I got the following error:

MOL kernel module 0.0.38
MOL kernel module version mismatch: 1.1.53 required, has 0.0.38
Please unload the kernel module (rmmod mol) and try again

I think its refering to me setting up mol so that users can boot it, so I
did the

rmmod mol

and tried to boot again, and got the following error

Mac-on-Linux 0.9.53, (C) 1997-2000 Samuel Rydh <samuel@ibrium.se>
This kernel is NOT runtime patched
Trying to apply MOL runtime patches.
**** Examining '/boot/System.map' ****
**** Success ****
Patching the kernel...
Rule 0: *** FAILED ***
Rule 1: *** FAILED ***
Rule 2: *** FAILED ***
Rule 3: *** FAILED ***
Rule 4: *** FAILED ***
Rule 5: *** FAILED ***
Rule 6: *** FAILED ***
Rule 7: *** FAILED ***
Rule 10: *** FAILED ***
Rule 12: *** FAILED ***
No patching was performed

Now I thought my kernal was runtime patches (as I've been using an older
version of mol for awhile)

I'm a bit lost as to what to do. If the solution is obvious, please
forgive me as even though I love linux I still know nothing about getting
things to work, sorry

Thanks
Kathy