Re: mol-time looses ticks!

Subject: Re: mol-time looses ticks!
From: Marcelo A. Ferreira Gomes (suporte@mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 10:27:56 MST

Christoph Ewering wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Just discovered that the clock in mol runs slower than in linux.
> Running mol for about two hours now and mol looses about 3 minutes
> against linux.

I don't know what could be causing it, but I do know of a way to
overcome this. You could run an ntpd (network time protocol daemon) in
Linux and have MacOS synchronize its clock periodically. In MacOS, go to
Control Panels -> Date & time -> Use a Network Time Server -> Server
Options -> Network Time Server -> Edit List. Then, add an entry with
your Linux-side DNS name or IP number.

Under Linux, get and install xntpd from your preferred Linux download
site (or from your Linux installation CD, if it has this):

rpm -i xntpd-[version-number].rpm

Hope this will solve your problem.

> And since 0.9.52 at startup the time in mol is one hour ahead of linux.
> I never saw this on earlier mol-versions.

I have actually seen it (was it on 0.9.41?), but I didn't care, and it
had gone away when I installed 0.9.49. But it might have been caused by
an incorrect timezone setting, either under Linux or under MacOS. Have
you checked that both timezone settings are correct?

> Any hints?
[]s.