MOL and Appletalk

Subject: MOL and Appletalk
From: Ewen Bell (ewen@twocats.com.au)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 17:46:20 MST

Has anyone out there experienced any problems when accessing AppleTalk volumes under MOL? I have been trying to troubleshoot a particular problem for many months, without sucess. I am looking for others to contribute their experiences in the hope of finding some common threads.

The scenario is as follows:

MacOS 8.6, MOL 0.9.53-1, LinuxPPC 2000, Blue&White G3.

My appletalk volumes are served off an intel based linux box, running netatalk (netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2-phh4).

MacOS crashes under MOL when accessing the appletalk drives. This has been the case with earlier versions of MOL as well. The crash rarely happens in the same place twice. I can usually access several directories before it locks up.

I get the exact same behaviour with tap0 and eth0 networking. I havent tried other versions of MacOS, or another netatalk server. (i've only got one of each!)

Running MacOS directly (not under linux/mol) I never have any problems with the appletalk volumes.

--

has anyone else had ANY problems with appletalk volumes (be it on a real mac or a netatalk server)? Has anyone got a similar setup and find it works without issue?

- e :)

-- Ewen Bell Twocats.com.au +61 3 9343 6260