Re: rmmod mol

Subject: Re: rmmod mol
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 13:25:06 MST

On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 01:16:11PM -0500, Bill Fink wrote:
> A followup to the above. Here's the output of saving the MOL
> session using F12:
>
> Unsafe state detected
> cleaning up...
> Terminating threads...
> DONE
>
> First, is the "Unsafe state detected" message anything to worry
> about? I noticed this when I first started using this new feature
> but never bothered to ask about it before. BTW, I find the new
> save feature extremely handy, especially on my relatively slow
> 6500 system at home.

Nope. It is just diagnostic output not yet disabled.

> Second, after doing the save, the module count for mol is 0,
> so the problem only manifests itself during an actual shutdown,
> which seems rather odd.

So this always happens after a shutdown? Then MOL probably crashes
in one of the cleanup handlers. You could try inserting printfs
in do_cleanup() in emulation/main.c to verify that _kernel_cleanup()
really is called.

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470