mol <--> linux textual cut-and-paste

Subject: mol <--> linux textual cut-and-paste
From: R Shapiro (reshapiro@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 06:40:28 MST

Following up on Peter Bagnall's suggestion, I have a pair of java
applications that can be used for primitive textual cut-and-paste
between mol and X. It's clunky but functional. Any volunteers want
to play with it? At minimum you'll need java runtime installed in
linux and mrj installed in macos. Having JBindery, from the MacOS
java sdk, would help.

While we're discussing cut-and-paste between linux and MacOS, I should
mention another option that works very well for occasional use: the
commerical MacOS X server "eXodus". What you would do here is run
this X server in mol and put up X clients from the linux running on
the same box. eXodus supports full cut-and-paste, even graphics,
between any X windows it's displaying and MacOS windows. Very handy.

--
reshapiro@mediaone.net