General Bugs In MOL

Subject: General Bugs In MOL
From: James Blackburn (j_blackburn@wincoll.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 05:58:52 MST

Hi,
        I'm fairly new to Linux on the PowerPC, and MOL. I've been
using MOL for about a month now, and I've found it to be in general,
a very good program, but not without its problems. I was wondering
if anyone else has experienced these same problems, and whether or
not they are fixable.
I'm using MOL-0.9.53-2 on LinuxPPC 2000 on a Powerbook G3 Series
laptop, and these are the problems I've encountered so far.

1. When saving a session, with F12, after restarting MOL, the time
stays the same as it was when the session was first saved, which
means that if I do save a session, I have to fix the time/date every
time I run MOL.

2. Every now and again, Mol will crash for no reason, and the X
server will reboot, it tends to be in conjunction with using X
Windows at the same time, but the results are unpredictable and
annoying.

3. There appears to be problems with the sound driver, as the sound
always seems to play through the laptop speakers no matter what, and
the Sound control panel seems to only affect level of the sound
output of the computer. This leads to the interesting effect of
having sound playing out of the laptop speakers while it is playing
out of the sound output jack. Also, using the sound control strip
module to change the volume, just makes the sound stop working
altogether.

4. Under certain circumstances, I find it impossible to change
consoles, and go back to Linux, ctrl-cmd-F1 doesn't work, and cmd-tab
also doesn't work. It appears that the Mac OS is intercepting the
commands.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me with these problems.
Many thanks for your time,
        James