Re: More keyboard troubles

Subject: Re: More keyboard troubles
From: Chris Backas (cb@gosargon.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 12:18:50 MST

> I'm running mol-0.9.53-2 compiled using kernel 2.2.18pre21-4bpmac on a
> beige G3.
>
> If I set up molrc with:
> mouse_device: /dev/adbmouse
> mouse_protocol adb
> I can boot into MacOS but neither adb or usb mouse or adb keyboard
> work. I'm trapped and must reboot even though I don't think the system
> has crashed.
>
> If I set up molrc with:
> mouse_device: /dev/usbmouse
> mouse_protocol: usb
> I can boot into MacOS and both adb and usb mouse work, but the
> adb keyboard mapping is wrong regardless of the keyboard ID. I
> tried all ID values even though it's a type 2.
>
> In all cases the value of dev.mac_hid.keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes
> in/etc/sysctl.conf is 1. If set to 0, I cannot even use the keyboard to
> login.
>
> Keyboard and mice worked as adb with kernel 2.2.14pre9 and mol-0.9.53-2.
> Anyone have a fix for my keyboard with kernel 2.2.18pre21-4bpmac?

This is *exactly* the situation I'm in. The solution I was given was to
not use the Linux Keycodes, however if I turn those off, nothing besides
MOL seems to work right. Linux keycodes seem to me to be the way it's going
to be from here forward, so I'm hopeing some sort of a translation can be
made within MOL.

BTW, if you have another machine, you can recover from your "trapped"
situation by telneting and killing MOL from the command line. I've had to
do that several times during my experimentations.

Chris Backas