Re: modem with mol

Subject: Re: modem with mol
From: Anne et Bertrand (anneetbertrand@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 09:18:50 MDT

IchywanKenobi@aol.com wrote:

> Is it possible to use the computer's modem within MOL? To sign on to AOL or
> another provider that is. I'm using an iMac. Second revision and YDL CS 1.2.
> Mol .9.5 Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Adam

No possibility for modem on serial port, because there is no serial port
emulation at this time.
For a pci modem (as yours ?), I don't know.

AOL's connection 's kit is precisely the reason why I didn't choose AOL
as a provider : they just have to give a non proprietary connection kit
and browser , after all !
And maybe I would use it under Linux or MacOS. But they don't...

I've heard of some Linux non official port of their kit, but I can't
remember where (on the web or a magazine ?)

Bertrand Dekoninck