Re: xmms and mol audio

Subject: Re: xmms and mol audio
phandel@cise.ufl.edu
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 00:55:37 MDT

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, R Shapiro wrote:

> Whenever mol is running I can't use xmms in linux. I saw a brief
> thread on this subject in the archives but I wasn't clear if there was
> a real solution, either now or forthcoming soon. What's the current
> status of this?

http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/mol-general/200006/msg00123.html
http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/mol-general/200006/msg00137.html

http://lists.linuxppc.org/cgi-bin/wilma/wilma_glimpse/mol-general?query=esound&errors=0&maxfiles=50&maxlines=10&.cgifields=partial&.cgifields=restricttofiles&.cgifields=lineonly&.cgifields=case&.cgifields=filelist

In short, esound works fine for me, but the performance (especially when
using RealPlayer) leaves something to be desired. esound takes up almost
an order of magnitude more cpu resources than normal sound drivers when
using xmms.

Thanks,
Peter

--
Peter F. Handel          "[The anti-Christ] also forced everyone, small and
phandel@cise.ufl.edu      great ... to receive a mark [smart card?] on his