Re: I really hate sounding stupid, but...

Subject: Re: I really hate sounding stupid, but...
From: Christoph Ewering (eweri@cunde.de)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 01:44:44 MDT

Hello Bruce!

You aren´t stupid. :-)

I´m running MOL and linux on my Pismo without big problems.

May I give you some hints:

run kernel 2.2.17pre20-ben3 from http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh
Use the new input layer as discribed on the same page.
use yaboot to boot into linux and bootinfo.txt to select MacOS or linux
I´m running MOL in its in own VT (vt8). Use MOL 0.9.50

To get more than 8bit colors I use this in yaboot.conf:
init-message = "\nWelcome to LinuxPPC!\nHit <TAB> for boot options.\n\n"
timeout = 50
default = linux

image = hd:9,\\Systemordner\\vmlinux-2.2.17pre20ben3
label = linux
root = /dev/hda12
append = "video=aty128fb:vmode:17,cmode:32"
BTW. I´m running mol with ethertap

I f you want I can send you my config-files .

Bye,
    Christoph

--
Dipl. Ing. Christoph Ewering    C & E Informationsdienste GbR
0 52 54 80 68 66 oder 0172 78 50 86 4