Re: MOL/SuSE PPC 6.4/iMac

Subject: Re: MOL/SuSE PPC 6.4/iMac
From: Anne et Bertrand (anneetbertrand@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 16:31:47 MDT

Gérard Degrez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to run MOL on the following configuration:
>
> iMac DV 400/Firewire/DVD, System 9.0.4
> SuSE Linux PPC 6.4 (kernel 2.2.14)
> MOL 0.9.50-1
>
> Using the standard configuration file (molrc) with the appropriate
> changes of the blkdev's, MOL starts correctly but
> * it messes up the colors of the linux windows,
> * when I change a monitor setting, I get a black screen and I have no
> other resource than pushing the reset button.
>
> Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gérard Degrez

It messes up colors because your in 8-bits colours, isn't it. Try 16-bit
if you can.
Maybe you can kill X to restart the session (on my LinuxPPC2000, I hit
<CTRL - CMD - delete>, and because I use xdm/gdm/kdm, X restarts
automatically).
You can try to switch to another virtual terminal (I don't if this work
on Suse) by <CTRL - CMD F1> (or F2, F3...) and relaunch X by hand.

Did you try to launch mol in another virtual terminal (and a whole
screen)?

Bertrand Dekoninck