Re: xmms and mol audio

Subject: Re: xmms and mol audio
From: Anne et Bertrand (anneetbertrand@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 16:31:38 MDT

R Shapiro wrote:

> Whenever mol is running I can't use xmms in linux. I saw a brief
> thread on this subject in the archives but I wasn't clear if there was
> a real solution, either now or forthcoming soon. What's the current
> status of this?
>
> --
> rshapiro@bbn.com

In fact, when mol is running on its on VT (VT8), I have no sound at all
under X (Gnome and esd). But the sound comes back when I leave mol.
Gnome and mol seems not to be able to share the sound device.
Other strange thing : if I try to change the sound volume in
(mol-)MacOS, I loose it. And there is no way to get it back untill I
launch mol again.

I can't use applications like Soundjam because the sound is awfull(lots
of interruptions, cracks and so on). Is it a lack of priority for mol ?

Bertrand Dekoninck