Help with MOL on Pismo

Subject: Help with MOL on Pismo
jrhoades@cfl.rr.com
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 22:52:30 MDT

Hi,

I've been running LinuxPPC on my Pismo for a while now, and finally
decided to get MOL up and running, but I'm getting some errors. Any
advice would be great... but first, a dumb question just to make sure
I'm not doing this totally wrong. Will MOL boot a Mac OS that's on an
HFS+ partition? Or does it have to be HFS?

So far I've gotten MOL to start, and I hear the Mac startup sound, then
it gets stuck with just a gray screen (with an icon in the center). In
the console I get an error like this:

Warning: kernel-module version mismatch
/usr/lib/mol/modules/mol.o was compiled for kernel version
2.2.17pre10-ben1
while this kernel is version 2.2.17pre20-ben3

a similar error appears for /usr/lib/mol/modules/sheep_net.o

then I some other stuff loads, then the error: '/etc/fb.modes': No such
file or directory
and "Video module 'vnc' not installed"

Are those two files something I need?

after that some other stuff loads and it says "Starting emulation...",
then a bunch of "Unkown gestalt selector" errors... then it just stops.

I have the Mac OS ROM from 9.04 and moved that over properly. I'm using
kernel 2.2.17pre20-ben3 with the appropriate modules, system.map etc.

Thanks for any help,
Jim