Re: [Fwd: Downloading new version of MOL]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Downloading new version of MOL]
From: Fabrice Leclerc (leclerf@club-internet.fr)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 15:28:10 MDT

> Hello daniel
>
> per last july e-mail you stated that you downloaded the new version
of
> MOL
>
> I have returned to MOL now, after installing bens 2.2.17pre20-ben3.
>
> As before with the downloaded CD version, kernel would not patch
>
> per your advice went to MOLRC file and located the User
> Guide
>
> OK . downloaded rpm mol-0.948-1.rpm.ppc
>
> but when I went to install, got error message
>
> "Conflicts with package mol-0.938-1.
> install of 1 package failed"
>
> i think this is telling me that I have to delete the presently
installed
> mol version from the CD . right?
>
> how do I do this?
>
> thanks for your time
>
> albert

when you use "rpm" you have to make sure there will be no conflicts
with some previous version of the software you install, i.e. use the
"-U" option (rpm -U) to upgrade the software, or erase (rpm -e) the
previous software and reinstall if it's an alder version. There is a
database which keeps track of any version of software installed with
rpm. If you have any problem with rpm, you still can install the
software from the compressed tar archive (following the
installations instructions).