Re: Segmentation fault: HELP !

Subject: Re: Segmentation fault: HELP !
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 15:44:59 MDT

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 10:12:42PM +0200, Joeri van Dooren wrote:
> Yesterday i received a brand new mac g4 dual,
>
> installed mac os 9, installed ppclinux 2000, xfree 4, and mol latest release
> mol-0.9.50
>
> i know dat smp is not for production use, so i compiled a paulus 2.2.17 kernel
> without smp but with mol patches (altough it seems that the behavior without
> the patches is the same)
>
> then a screen pop us in X and pos out
>
> after this i get:
> SIGNAL segmentation fault in thread main-thread
>
> cleaning up....

I found out how this happens. I just tested the 4.9.1 ROM (bundled with a G4),
and this error occured. I tracked it down to a stupid printf error in MOL
(not fixed in 0.9.51). After fixing this bug, I got it to almost
boot. When I get some time to spare, I'll try to fix it completely.

In the meantime, it is possible to use the 3.8 ROM (extractible
from the Ethernet Update using TomeViewer - there are links on
the download page).

Cheers,

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470