Re: mol-0.9.51 available for download

Subject: Re: mol-0.9.51 available for download
From: David Mackler (dmackler@psn.net)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 21:58:43 MDT

Hello,

I tried this on my G3 running 2.2.16, as an upgrade from 0.9.49. I built
it from the src rpm, mainly to avoid those annoying version mismatch
errors.

After rebooting and all, I had two problems. I am running a beige G3
with OS 8.6 using new world booting.

First, black window with MOL hogging the CPU. I reverted to my saved
version of the nvram, and it booted okay.

Second, it could not recognize the ethernet device. I tried it with and
without -sheep for my eth1 (an Asante card) and I also activated the
slow motherboard ethernet (eth0) and tried that with and without -sheep.

I reverted back to 0.9.49 for now, which does work.

Any suggestions to make 0.9.51 work?

Thanks,
David