Re: First steps with MOL

Subject: Re: First steps with MOL
phandel@cise.ufl.edu
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 12:52:26 MDT

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> >Finally, MOL completely messes up the desktop. Icons have been moved
> >all over the place and the settings rule has now moved up at 3/4 of
> >the screen when I boot under MacOS.
>
> That's not MOL's fault ;) That's MacOS because of the resolution switch.

Check out "Desktop Resetter" or "Rearranger" - go to
www.versiontracker.com and search for "icon rearrange".

> >I get no sound at all (even though I installed the MOL Audio
> >extension), not even the system startup sound. I don't really care,
> >but I am wondering why.
>
> Did you enable MOL sound in MacOS "sound" control panel ? Do you have
> sound working in Linux in general (outside of MOL) ?

Also, be sure that no other Linux application is currently using
/dev/audio (ie. make sure you don't have xmms running, or esd without the
-as flag).

Thanks,
Peter

--
Peter F. Handel          "[The anti-Christ] also forced everyone, small and
phandel@cise.ufl.edu      great ... to receive a mark [smart card?] on his