is there an answer to the mol 0.9.51 ethernet problem?

Subject: is there an answer to the mol 0.9.51 ethernet problem?
From: R Shapiro (rshapiro@bbn.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 14:33:44 MDT

I'm still not receiving mol-general mail (it stopped mysteriously late
last week) and the supposed admin address is still bogus (bounces), so
the only way I have to read the traffic on this group at the moment is
via lists.linuxppc.org, which appears to be updated only once or twice
a day.

Last I heard, several people reported the same problem I'm seeing,
namely that 'netdev eth0' doesn't seem to work anymore. No fix has
appeared yet on the web site mirror of the list. Has it been
explained how to get around this? The announcement that this release
fixs a security bug is making me nervous about continuing to use
0.9.50, but I can't use 0.9.51 without net access.

If you have an answer please cc me directly, since otherwise it will
be quite awhile before I see it :(

Thanks -

--
rshapiro@bbn.com