Upgrading kernel? [was Re: MOL on Powerbook 3400c/200 (ie. 603ev)]

Subject: Upgrading kernel? [was Re: MOL on Powerbook 3400c/200 (ie. 603ev)]
phandel@cise.ufl.edu
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 16:43:32 MDT

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Bob Kehoe wrote:

> Thanks -- I'll try it. However, won't using a new kernel run the
> risk of breaking some of the dependencies in other software?

Nope, it shouldn't. You could keep your old headers around, and be sure
not to delete your old kernel so that reverting back to your current
kernel would be painless should you run into serious problems.

Thanks,
Peter

--
Peter F. Handel          "[The anti-Christ] also forced everyone, small and
phandel@cise.ufl.edu      great ... to receive a mark [smart card?] on his