Re: mac apps that run well under MOL?

Subject: Re: mac apps that run well under MOL?
From: Ewen Bell (ewen@twocats.com.au)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 15:10:42 MST

Geoff Ghose wrote:

> Although I don't use the Mac OS that much, I can further state that I have encountered NO
> applications that had problems in MOL that were problem-free in native Mac OS.

ditto.

MOL is quite unlike it's wintel counterparts. VMware offers better hardware support for example, but is no where near as efficient/fast. Win4Lin gives you comparable efficiency, but uses slight of hand for networking. As a result Win4Lin cannot offer many network features and so it breaks some applications wich require listening to ports (ODBC stuff for example).

MOL suffers none of these issues and is quite an achievement as such, although stability can be an issue under certain configurations. But that is generally the case for linux on a PPC box when compared to Intel anyway. :(

> Applications used: WordPerfect, ClarisWorks, Netscape 4.74-6, RealPlayer, QuickTime
> Player, StatView, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, GrayAmp, Stuffit, VNC Viewer,
> MacLinkPlus, EndNote.
> Plus host of third party extensions like Power Windows, Be Hierarchic, Finder Pop, Default
> Folder, and Kaleidoscope.

i'll add to that list...

Fireworks 3
BBEdit