MOL doesn't read nvram?

Subject: MOL doesn't read nvram?
From: Peter Canning (canning@vitria.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 12:26:32 MDT

Every time I start MOL (0.9.50), I have to reset "Menu Blinking" to off in
the General Controls, "Highlight Color" to Yellow in Appearance, and set
the TimeZone and "Daylight Savings Time" in "Date & Time". I assume there
is something wrong with the nvram stuff. I'm running MOL on an PowerMac
7300 in OldWorld mode, booting MacOS 8.1, and the modification time of
/usr/lib/mol/nvram/nvram.ow indicates it is being written by MOL. MOL does
manage to switch to the right video resolution shortly after starting up in
the 640x480 specified in /etc/molrc. Does anyone know what is going on here?

I saw people reporting problems with nvram back in February 2000 with MOL
0.9.41. Is this still the same problem, or is something else going wrong?

        thanks,
        Peter Canning