Ethernet Help

Subject: Ethernet Help
From: Red Hat Linux User (ameier@emory.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 15:38:43 MDT

I am trying to use my DSL connection on LinuxPPC and mol simultaneously.
Going through the mailings it seems that some people have been
successful, but I am not sure whether this can be done when connected
through an ISP provider.

My connection is established through a PPP server, therefore I do not
have a dedicated IP address. the connection works fine for both Linux
and MacOs, but when I try to connect in mol, I get: "An internal error
occured while initializing the Ethernet driver for ARP traffic." This
even happens when I stop my DSL connection in Linux and try to reconnect
in Mol. I am using Ben's latest kernel on a pismo and the most recent
mol release. I connect through eth0 not tap0, but I am not sure whether
that makes any difference anyway.

I appreciate your help.

Andreas H Meier
ameier@emory.edu