Re: Ethernet Help

Subject: Re: Ethernet Help
From: Jens Schmalzing (jens@tac.dk)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 12:56:34 MDT

Hi,

I reckon your problem might be vaguely related to the solution I came
up with. I use my PB in a variety of LANs, where I am usually
assigned a single static IP address. So under Linux, I assigned an IP
alias from an internal network for the network interface and set up a
name server and IP forwarding. MOL was configured with a different
internal address, using Linux as a gateway.

Probably a whole internal network for one machine with two OSes is
kind of an overkill, but it was a simple matter of recompiling the
kernel for IP forwarding and downloading a few Debian packages. And
it has worked flawlessly ever since.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je pézqbpbe le djuz tqtaj!