So... Am I the only one using a USB mouse with console MOL?

Subject: So... Am I the only one using a USB mouse with console MOL?
From: Robert Staflin (robert.staflin@legioninteractive.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 06:36:33 MDT

...a follow up on my posting from two days ago.

There's no problem with the USB mouse when running MOL in a window, but as
soon as I switch "enable_xvideo" to "no" the cursor is twitchy, and the
clicks don't register unless I move the mouse when clicking.

My /etc/molrc mouse settings are:
    mouse_device: /dev/usbmouse
    mouse_protocol: usb
    mouse_dpi 140
    use_x_cursor yes

If I use the mouse pad instead (with mouse_device commented and
mouse_protocol: console) I don't have any problems.

Can anyone help, please? I saw some suggestion involving switching to
XFree86 and "sharing" the mouse between X and MOL, but I'd rather not try
that 'til I'm more proficient using Linux. Thanks.

Regards,
/Robert
Robert Staflin KRS Consulting
Börje Pikbo Phone: +46 18 369455