Re: Time slices on linux

Subject: Re: Time slices on linux
From: James Platt (james.platt@yale.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 10:04:55 MDT

Yes, that makes sense. I don't know enough about timing in Linux and Mac
OS but I have had some experience with other kinds of timing issues.

If the MacOS scheduler and the Linux scheduler are operating at different
frequencies, you might have a situation where it is only every 1/10 sec where
they are both at zero at the same time. It could be something like where you
use a video camera which samples at 60 Hz to record a computer monitor which
refreshes at 85 Hz and the result is a flickering effect. The solution would
be to synchronize the timers to the same frequency or a multiple of the same
frequency.

[stuff deleted]