Re: So... Am I the only one using a USB mouse with console MOL?

Subject: Re: So... Am I the only one using a USB mouse with console MOL?
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 15:05:31 MDT

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 09:06:47AM -0600, David Block wrote:
> As far as I remember, that's a general problem. Surf the archives to make
> sure. I have the same problem with my Intellimouse (which works great in
> MacOS). I am looking forward to the full use of 5 buttons + scroll wheel
> in Linux. In MOL, it is a decent two button mouse. In console mode, I've
> just gotten used to twitching my hand when I hit a button.

I was not aware of this problem. On my machine, USB mouse clicking
does not need to be accompanied with a movement.

One thing to try is killing gpm (possibly, MOL and gpm are
competing about mouse events).

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470