Re: Keyboard failure?

Subject: Re: Keyboard failure?
From: Romeyn Prescott (prescor@digirom.potsdam.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 09:39:17 MDT

Somewhen around 7:59 AM -0600 4/2/01, a person believing themself to
be Derrik Pates scribbled:
>On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Romeyn Prescott wrote:
>
>> I don't have a line like that! I'm using the default file (duly
>> tweaked, of course) and that entry is nowhere to be found! I'm going
>> to try rebooting and watching the boot sequence for indication of my
>> Keyboard's ID, but it goes by so damned FAST!!!
>
>Do 'dmesg | less' instead of rebooting, so you can page through the boot
>messages and find anything applicable.

Derrik, in a recent message to this list (I've been searching the
archives) you wrote:
-----
Is "dev.mac_hid.keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes = 1" in your
/etc/sysctl.conf? Or, if not, is there a "use_linux_keycodes:" line in
your /etc/molrc? I've found that you're best off to have
keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes set to 0, and the "use_linux_keycodes:"
line in /etc/molrc set to "no". If these aren't in sync, weird key
mappings (like what you're seeing) will result.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School| _ #linuxOS on EFnet
-----

When I alter the line you mention in sysctl.conf and change the
setting to "0", then the same problem that afflicts me in MOL happens
in Gnome general! I have to drop out to console and change the
setting back.

This is driving me batty.

...ROMeyn

--

signat-url: http://www2.potsdam.edu/dctm/prescor/signat-url.htm cubiclecam: http://digirom.potsdam.edu/~prescor/cubiclecam.html ^^^ <--- Off-line unless someone knows how to get camserv to compile under RedHat 7... *sigh* :-(