OS 9.1?

Subject: OS 9.1?
From: Romeyn Prescott (prescor@digirom.potsdam.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 14:44:25 MDT

> > I just got mol running on my G4/400 running LinuxPPC Q4. I installed
>> Mac OS 9.0.4 to an image file. It boots wonderfully. And FAST! My
>> problem: Keyboard commands don't work. Yet the keyboard appears to
>> function in some capacity. Curious, I opened Key Caps (there's
>> nothing wrong with the mouse) and none of the physical keys register
>> as their logical counterparts! I press, for example, "z" and maybe
>> "i" gets executed.
>
>You need a later version of MOL (or, you'll have to reconfigure the
>X-key mappings which takes some work).
>
>Either try the latest prebuilt version of MOL (it is in the
>FTP directory - there is no direct link from the MOL web), or
>build from the source tree:
>
> rsync -vcaz zorn.theophys.kth.se::mol mol-rsync
>
>The prebuilt version in the FTP directory might not work
>properly (there is a racing condition which might cause
>it to crash during the startup).

That worked GREAT! Thanks!

But...

I upgraded my OS installation to 9.1 and now it won't boot! :-(

The web site states the MOL supports Mac OS versions 7-9. DOes this
not include 9.1?

Thanks,
...ROMeyn

--

signat-url: http://www2.potsdam.edu/dctm/prescor/signat-url.htm cubiclecam: http://digirom.potsdam.edu/~prescor/cubiclecam.html ^^^ <--- Off-line unless someone knows how to get camserv to compile under RedHat 7... *sigh* :-(