Re: Keyboard failure?

Subject: Re: Keyboard failure?
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 13:02:03 MDT

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 05:03:29PM -0400, Romeyn Prescott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a newbie to this list, so apologies in advance if my question has
> been discussed (or beaten to death!) recently.
>
> I just got mol running on my G4/400 running LinuxPPC Q4. I installed
> Mac OS 9.0.4 to an image file. It boots wonderfully. And FAST! My
> problem: Keyboard commands don't work. Yet the keyboard appears to
> function in some capacity. Curious, I opened Key Caps (there's
> nothing wrong with the mouse) and none of the physical keys register
> as their logical counterparts! I press, for example, "z" and maybe
> "i" gets executed.

You need a later version of MOL (or, you'll have to reconfigure the
X-key mappings which takes some work).

Either try the latest prebuilt version of MOL (it is in the
FTP directory - there is no direct link from the MOL web), or
build from the source tree:

        rsync -vcaz zorn.theophys.kth.se::mol mol-rsync

The prebuilt version in the FTP directory might not work
properly (there is a racing condition which might cause
it to crash during the startup).

Or, wait a few days till I can put together the next
release.

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470