Failed to map RAM

Subject: Failed to map RAM
From: Romeyn Prescott (prescor@digirom.potsdam.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 10:55:21 MDT

The READMEs/FAQs indicate that VM in MOL should be off (mine is) and
to jack up my memory allocation for MOL in /etc/molrc. But if I set
mine any higher than 40 MOL gives the following error:

map_zero: mmap: Cannot allocate memory
Failed to map RAM: Probably an of memory condition.

Additionally, I can only run MOL about twice after which I get this
error no matter what. If I dump out of X and come back in then it
works again.

I have an original G4/400 with 128MB RAM (though I'm soon to add another 128).

???

...ROMeyn

--

signat-url: http://www2.potsdam.edu/dctm/prescor/signat-url.htm cubiclecam: http://digirom.potsdam.edu/~prescor/cubiclecam.html ^^^ <--- Off-line unless someone knows how to get camserv to compile under RedHat 7... *sigh* :-(