Re: IPTABLES again on 2.4.4-pre1

Subject: Re: IPTABLES again on 2.4.4-pre1
From: Joss Winn (joss@josswinn.org)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 21:24:35 MDT

> Subject: IPTABLES again on 2.4.4-pre1
> Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 13:35:47 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Michael Greer <michaelggreer@yahoo.com>
> To: mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
>
> I have gone through the lists exhaustively, trying
> everything that has been suggested short of
> recompiling glibc and installing it (which seems to me
> to be a drastic and dangerous solution, and seemingly
> irrelevant to the problem).
>
> I have a ppp connection,and want to share it with MOL.
> Common issue, and I can do it through the ipchains
> module.
>
> BUT, the ipchains module does not support ftp masqing,
> and I need ftp on the mac side.
>
> SO, does anyone have a complete solution that has
> worked for them? A simple one? Dummy0 clearly works
> well for ipchains, so I assume it is a good solution
> for iptables as well.
>
> Thank you in advance!
> Michael
> mgreer@sirius.com

I had wondered if this was possible. Since it is, is there any
documentation around that will take me from start to somewhere near
finish? I know that is similar to what Michael Greer is asking, but I
am not even at the stage he is and haven't got a clue what an ipchain or
ftp masqing is. I will learn though..... :-)

thank you

Joss