Re: mac-on-darwin?

Subject: Re: mac-on-darwin?
From: Terry Lynch (mtnweb@mac.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 19:25:31 MDT

on 23/4/01 1:45 PM, leif at lhs@russisk.no wrote:

> Hi -- and hei to Samuel --
>
> I wonder if there is any effort made or drive towards making a
> "mac-on-darwin" extension? (Sorry, I'm sure there is another word for
> "extension" in the linux world...) I got that impression that from
> one of your latest posts, Samuel, that there might be such a future?
>
> I have seen pictures of kde on darwin at the GNU-Darwin homepage. And
> unless there will be HFS+ support in linuxppc any time soon, I find
> it more practical to use Darwin than Linux on a PPC. For a beginner
> is much easier to install darwin than linux... (-- though getting KDE
> and those things to run is of course another matter...)
>
> leif

I am very interested in "mac-on-darwin," and I am willing to contribute what
I can in the porting effort. I have done some c work, but I don't know much
about MOL. Does anyone know actually what it would take to port MOL over to
darwin? Just a brief summary would be wonderful and perhaps an estimate of
what percentage of code would have to be changed.

Terry