Re: MoL now working again on benh 2.4.3, Yosemite G3

Subject: Re: MoL now working again on benh 2.4.3, Yosemite G3
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@andromeda.dsdk12.net)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 17:37:13 MDT

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Samuel Rydh wrote:

> Killing all MOL proesses and restarting and just issuing 'startmol'
> doesn't work?

No. All processes are gone, I remove the lock file, but when I try to
start it again, I get a message that reports that _kernel_init() failed.
(iirc, I'm at home now)

> Sound skipping is primarily caused by synchronous block driver.
> Putting QuickTime films on AppleShare volumes usually fixes things.

This was a QuickTime on a volume exported from the Linux side.

Also, have you been able to figure anything about MoL's problems with
restoring a suspended session?

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School| _ #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | | | and now OPN too!
   Student @ South Dakota School of Mines | __| |___ _ _ _ ___ _ _ ____
       & Technology (www.sdsmt.edu) |/ _ / -_) ' \ '\/ _ \ ' \ (____)
UNIX: Because you want to USE your computer.|\___,\___|_||_||_\___/_||_|