Re: MoL now working again on benh 2.4.3, Yosemite G3

Subject: Re: MoL now working again on benh 2.4.3, Yosemite G3
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 14:14:14 MDT

> - Doing AppleTalk file sharing, frequently opening a share will hang up
> MoL. I'm using the 'sheep_net' piggyback driver. This wasn't such a
> problem before, as I could just restart MoL, but with the new version, it
> locks the kernel module in such a way that I can't just restart MoL, but I
> have to restart the system completely to unwedge it.

Killing all MOL proesses and restarting and just issuing 'startmol'
doesn't work?

> - Sound is still a problem. It works for the most part, but it drops out
> quite a lot if anything else is going on inside MoL (like when trying to
> play back video), and after a while of using it, it turns to noise.

Sound skipping is primarily caused by synchronous block driver.
Putting QuickTime films on AppleShare volumes usually fixes things.

> - I still get a few messages on startup that seem to indicate things
> aren't all kosher:

> <*> control - Unrecognized cscode 20
>
> Are these important?

No, they are completely harmless.

Regards,

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470