MoL now working again on benh 2.4.3, Yosemite G3

Subject: MoL now working again on benh 2.4.3, Yosemite G3
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@andromeda.dsdk12.net)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 09:39:50 MDT

Got it working again. The latest rsync tree works, surprisingly, and I
even found a module load order so that I can load the support modules and
run MoL without having to become root. However, I have had a few lingering
problems.

- Doing AppleTalk file sharing, frequently opening a share will hang up
MoL. I'm using the 'sheep_net' piggyback driver. This wasn't such a
problem before, as I could just restart MoL, but with the new version, it
locks the kernel module in such a way that I can't just restart MoL, but I
have to restart the system completely to unwedge it.

- Sound is still a problem. It works for the most part, but it drops out
quite a lot if anything else is going on inside MoL (like when trying to
play back video), and after a while of using it, it turns to noise.

- I still get a few messages on startup that seem to indicate things
aren't all kosher:

    <*> control - Unrecognized cscode 20

Are these important?

- Suspending the MoL session still yields this once you revive the
suspended session and try to run anything:

Instruction Pointer not in ROM/RAM (nip 6806D3A0, nip_phys 6806D3A0)

It's always the same address.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School| _ #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | | | and now OPN too!
   Student @ South Dakota School of Mines | __| |___ _ _ _ ___ _ _ ____
       & Technology (www.sdsmt.edu) |/ _ / -_) ' \ '\/ _ \ ' \ (____)
UNIX: Because you want to USE your computer.|\___,\___|_||_||_\___/_||_|