Re: Debian packages for Mac-on-Linux in incoming

Subject: Re: Debian packages for Mac-on-Linux in incoming
From: Jonas Smedegaard (dr@jones.dk)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 04:30:08 MDT

On 26 Apr 2001, Jens Schmalzing wrote:

> I've just finished some very preliminary version of the promised
> Mac-on-Linux packages and put them into incoming. They should appear

Coool - I will go grab them immediately :-)

> Following suggestions on this list, I have split Mac-on-Linux into
> three packages. mol-modules contains the kernel modules only,
> mol-modules-source contains the modules' source and infrastructure for
> compiling them, and mol contains all the rest.

Suggestion: Put sheep-net in a separate package and build it for other
architectures as well. It can be used in the Mac emulator BasiliskII as
well, which also runs on i386 (I have som unofficial .debs at
http://debian.jones.dk/ ). Sheep-net is even distributed in a separate
source file AFAIK.

Sorry, I should have come up with that _before_ you did the packaging of
course...

 - Jonas

--
Jonas Smedegaard   <jonas@jones.dk>   http://www.jones.dk/~jonas/