Re: Debian packages for Mac-on-Linux in incoming

Subject: Re: Debian packages for Mac-on-Linux in incoming
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@andromeda.dsdk12.net)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 06:47:14 MDT

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Fabian Jakobs wrote:

> Now I have it and I'm very impressed. Mol seems to be really fast and stable
> but what is bothering me is, that I have to start it as root. In an earlier
> version I could load the kernel modules in an init scrips and was then able
> to start mol as regular user.

I found that loading 'molsymglue2' then 'mol', after copying the modules
into /lib/modules/<kernel ver>/misc, made it so that I could once again
run MoL as non-root. I would suggest starting it once as root, then
looking at the module load order and adding entries to /etc/modules to
reload them in that same order. (I don't understand why there are _three_
molsymglue's, and why only one of the three seems to actually work,
though. For that, you'd have to ask Samuel. :)

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School| _ #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | | | and now OPN too!
   Student @ South Dakota School of Mines | __| |___ _ _ _ ___ _ _ ____
       & Technology (www.sdsmt.edu) |/ _ / -_) ' \ '\/ _ \ ' \ (____)
UNIX: Because you want to USE your computer.|\___,\___|_||_||_\___/_||_|