Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium

Subject: Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 08:17:10 MDT

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 02:57:10PM +0100, Iain Sandoe wrote:

> Sat, Aug 04, 2001, Samuel Heriard Dubreuil wrote:
> >> It is probably wise to exercise the same procedure for
> >> X-video video (MOL only sees key-downs - if the shift
> >> key is pressed to early, MOL will miss it).

> > Ok, I tried to boot with the extensions off ans it's the same error
>
> this is starting to sound like the phenomenon I had (but haven't had time to
> investigate). At first I though it was the inits (specifically faxSTF).
>
> What i did was to use a different Mac OS ROM (3.8) and it started working
> again - although it was only mounting the first MacOS partition on each
> drive.

Note that if you have more than 16 partitions on a disk, then
you have to use the '/dev/hdeN' syntax (and not just /dev/hde).
(This is one thing that should be fixed).

Moreover, make sure you mark the boot partition with '-boot'. If this
is not done, MacOS might unmount partitions until it finds the bootable
one...

In particular. Do NOT use the '/dev/hde' syntax if MOL is configured
to load a ROM from the linux side - MOL won't know which volume to boot
from (MOL places the boot volume first in the volume list).

Cheers,

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 790nnnn