Some suggestions for MOL

Subject: Some suggestions for MOL
From: Michael E . Stora (mestora@home.com)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 15:26:08 MDT

1. Startmol should return some exit status when it quits for certain
reasons, in particular specific codes for an unusable session file, a
lock-file, inability to patch, etc, so that we can write scripts to deal
with problems automatically.

2. MOL currently recognizes all three linux mouse buttons but maps
them all to the one mac mouse button. The #2 and #3 mouse button should
map to a keystroke, or click/keystroke comination specifiable in
/etc/molrc.

The following apply to my Lombard under both LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 and YDL2.0:

3. The shift-lock key does not work in MOL

4. Linux uses ctrl-option(alt)-Fx to change consoles, however it is
ctrl-apple-Fx in MOL. I wish this was user-configurable. It is difficult
to page through consols with ifferent keystrokes, and the MOL combination
cannot be done easilly with one hand.

I've been having sound problems lately, but not origionally, so I doubt
this is a general problem: sound is intermittant from MOL and there is a
loud churp every second and a half that any mac program that plays sound is
open.