Can't run mol 0.9.58-1 on PowerTowerPro and LinuxPPC

Subject: Can't run mol 0.9.58-1 on PowerTowerPro and LinuxPPC
From: Robert M. Fuhrer (rmf@asgard.pasttime.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 17:36:39 MDT

Haven't been able to get MOL running on my machine yet. My machine
dual-boots using BootX into LinuxPPC and MacOS 9.1.

My PowerTower Pro is a 604e system running LinuxPPC, roughly Q3 with a
home-built 2.2.17 kernel and lots of updated packages.

I tried using the ROM file I grabbed from my machine, but that doesn't
seem to work. It dies mid-way through the boot process (before it
gets to loading any control panels), showing the little empty plain
dialog with no buttons or text in it.

I also tried using the version 3.8 ROM file from the download area. That
gives me the msg "this install can't be used on your machine" (paraphrased).

I tried re-installing 9.1, since I thought I remembered an option in the
installer that allowed you to install only the stuff needed for your
specific machine or for any machine at all. I re-installed the "core
system files", but that didn't help. Perhaps I have to install the whole
9.1 shebang ("Universal Install")?

Clues, anyone? I'd really love to get MOL working...

 -- Bob