Sharing disk b/w MOL and LinuxPPC: simple set up doesn't work.

Subject: Sharing disk b/w MOL and LinuxPPC: simple set up doesn't work.
From: Philippe Lelédy (phl@leledy.org)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 07:29:48 MDT

I solved a very strange problem with one HFS partition mounted r/o under
Linux and r/w under MOL, which sounds clever and simple. BUT ...

Here start problems:

Linux sees immediatly changes made by MOL to a file, but when the file
size increases a lot, only the beginning of the file is read by Linux. I'm
sure of that, b/c after hours of debugging I'd the proof with

mount -o remount <the culprit HFS partition>

solving the issue.

Conclusion:

Simple is not enough, I'll switch to AFS with Netatalk for this sharing.

Salutations.

PS: I uses Alpha under MOL for .tex files that teTeX compiles under
LinuxPPC.