Re: MOL date and time warp

Subject: Re: MOL date and time warp
From: Jens Schmalzing (jens.schmalzing@physik.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 05:48:53 MST

Hi,

Mathew Eis writes:

> I don't beleive that there is a fix yet, besides setting up the Mac
> side to sync with the Linux side every thirty minutes or so with an
> ntpd server.

I feel really silly asking, but how exactly do you set up the NTP
server on the Linux side? I thought it would be enough to remove all
server directives from the ntp.conf file. But when I try to set the
time with the Date&Time control panel in MacOS, all I get is `The
network time server is unable to provide an accurate time right
now. Please try again later.'

Regards, Jens.

P.S.: If that helps, I am using ntp 4.1.0 from Debian/sid and the
      ntp.conf file reads

      driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift
      statsdir /var/log/ntpstats/

      statistics loopstats peerstats clockstats
      filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable
      filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enable
      filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable

      server ntp1.fau.de
      server ntp2.fau.de

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!