Re: Switching Back and forth between mol and linux

Subject: Re: Switching Back and forth between mol and linux
From: Wendy Faulkner (faulkner@eco.utexas.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 21:24:18 MST

> I have never run MOL that way... I think that most people run startmol in
> X and have it open another console -- usually 8 [set this in
> /etc/molrc]. You can switch back and forth between them then. If this
> does not work then something is wrong. Which key do you use for alt ? I
> assume that you are not using the apple key for the middle mouse button
> (this has been known to cause difficulties).

This is what I tried first. But when I tried it this way, it would run
fine until MacOS finished booting, then the screen would go black, and
the MOL would be about 1/4 of the desktop in a small window of my X
desktop. I researched the mailing list, and it was suggested on there
to actually login on a separate console, so I tried that. In this way,
it stays up just fine, until I switch console windows.

I'm using control-option-f7

Thanks for the help.

--
          Wendy Faulkner             Don't knock on Death's door.