Re: trouble compiling mol on 2.4.1

Subject: Re: trouble compiling mol on 2.4.1
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@andromeda.dsdk12.net)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 23:23:43 MST

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Rolf Schatzmann wrote:

> I am trying to compile mol 0.9.55 to run on a 2.4.1 kernel i built by
> getting the latest ppc-devel tree . I have tried with a snapshot of the
> current mol source i got with bitkeeper as well as the .55 src tarball
> and previous versions. I always get the same problem shown below, am I
> missing something obvious?

Yes. Install the devel headers for binutils.

> ../include/dis-asm.h:13: bfd.h: No such file or directory

MoL uses libbfd. It needs bfd.h and ansidecl.h, both of which are part of
the binutils development header package (binutils-dev on Debian - maybe
binutils_devel on linuxppc?).

Also, make sure you have libelf and its devel headers installed too.
You'll need it to build MoL successfully too.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School| _ #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | | | and now OPN too!
   Student @ South Dakota School of Mines | __| |___ _ _ _ ___ _ _ ____
       & Technology (www.sdsmt.edu) |/ _ / -_) ' \ '\/ _ \ ' \ (____)
UNIX: Because you want to USE your computer.|\___,\___|_||_||_\___/_||_|